May you grasp how wide, how long, how high, how deep, the love of Christ is. May you experience the love of Christ, though it is to great to truly understand. Then, you will be made complete with all the fullness of life and power that comes from God.

Thursday, May 30, 2013

Who Should We Please?




Isn't it funny, how God will highlight one sentence - or word - that wasn’t even the basis of a actual message. Does this ever happen to you, when you’re reading the Bible? A scripture, will jump out at you like never before, and relate to some situation you may be going thru.

While  recently watching a You Tube sermon by Kyle Idelman about showing our leadership roll as Christians , he mentioned, "It's the things no one else sees that result in what everyone wants."

The prayer. The relationship. The sacrifice. The tough decisions. These formulate in secret; behind closed doors. 

But what jumped out at me EVEN MORE was what he said next: 

“We must be willing to be misunderstood on the front lines, while faithfully serving God behind the scenes.”

Not sure if those were his exact words , but it was something close.


Willing to be misunderstood.

I don't know about you, but the people-pleaser inside of me doesn't enjoy conflict. Especially when I feel misunderstood. "If they only knew my heart," I've thought. The same goes for misunderstanding someone else. I want to know the truth and have answers when something is confusing or unresolved.
Maybe you've felt that way before, too. The truth is, they won't always have every piece to every puzzle. And neither will we.
But, at the end of the day - when all is said and done - we answer to ONE. The only thing that matters is that I've loved, served and passionately pursued CHRIST. Not the onlookers, not my friends, not even my family or my Church - but Him alone.
I must be willing to not feel as though I need to please everyone around me. Christ is who I need to please and everything will follow.
I must be willing to risk being misunderstood. Surrender my own ego. Sacrifice my name on the chopping block. Whether I'm right, wrong, or somewhere in-between.

"Am I now trying to win the approval of human beings, or of God? Or am I trying to please people? If I were still trying to please people, I would not be a servant of Christ." Galatians 1:10

We can't please the whole world, but we can continuously seek the heart of God. THAT is what's required of us.
To live for an audience of one. The ONLY one. CHRIST
At this moment I am reading a book by Kyle Idelman called Not a Fan, it is one of the best books I have ever read. Check it out

No comments:

Post a Comment